Employment law is a broad area encompassing all areas of the employer/employee relationship. Marnie Ryan Law offers extensive experience in all aspects of workplace relations law. Our approach is very much a collaborative one. We understand the legal issues relating to recruitment, engagement and termination of employment, as well as the matters that arise both during and after the employment relationship.
Areas of experience and expertise include:
- negotiating terms and conditions of employment as well as drafting contracts of employment
- advising on disciplinary matters and disputes over performance
- providing advice in respect of Equal Employment Opportunity and discrimination matters including returning to work and parental leave issues
- advising on and acting in contractual disputes relating to the termination of employment, including entitlements to reasonable notice or bonuses
- providing advice on exit strategies for employers and employees including dealing with existing restraints of trade and managing employee obligations in respect of confidential information and intellectual property
- advising on and acting in unfair dismissal claims
- acting for professionals in defending complaints made against them in professional tribunals or boards.